Friday, September 10, 2010

New Jewelry - New Pictures

I'm making up for lost time! Another blog post and more listings in my Etsy Jewelry shop. The links to my shop are on the side bar of the page and you can see a preview of what I have in my shops there. Getting listings up takes longer than I anticipated. I think that always seems to be the case. I spent a good chunk of the day yesterday taking pictures of some of my jewelry and then trying to edit them. I just have a basic camera and I was convinced that was a big part of why my pictures just don't turn out as well as I would like. However, I've now learned the secret! PHOTOSHOP! Call me naive but I just thought that good photographers just took good pictures, period. Now I'm no photographer. But when you are selling things to people through the internet, where they can't touch and feel and try on, your sales are only as good as your pictures. I'm still no expert, and I will need many more late nights playing with Photoshop, but I've discovered a few tricks that really helped my shots.
Here is an example -
This is the before picture. They always seem to have this grey haze that I didn't know how to fix. But with Photoshop...
no haze and the image is so crisp you could just reach out and touch it. YES! Now on to the next challenge, listing description. Maybe that will be a good post for tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Marlene Brady said...

Wow, the photo is stunning! Great job. The flower is breathtaking. Thanks for sharing the haze problem. -Marlene Brady