Tuesday, August 21, 2007

In Progress

Here are some pictures of the things I'm working on right now. I was visiting Donna Kato's site the other day and I was admiring her translucent cane work so I decided to try a bit of my own. These colorful beads are what I ended up with. I still have to sand and buff them but I couldn't wait to take some pictures.

The next 2 pictures are the results of my new clay extruder! I was at Hobby Lobby and I couldn't resist getting one. Even better was when the lady in the checkout behind me gave me a 40% off coupon! What a deal! So I've been having a lot of fun making extruded canes in several colors. I also picked up a cabochon mold so I've been trying that out too. I'm not really sure what to do with them yet but I'm sure something will come to me!



Finally, I made these little ladies from a tutorial in Polymercafe. They are about 1 inch tall and they have a hole through the shoulder to make them beads. Kinda fun but a little time consuming.

1 comment:

Silastones said...

those beads are pretty. I like the light color on the trans bead. I'm sure they will look even better after sanding abd buffing. Hugs, Ponsawan