Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I hate it...I love it....

SANDING.
For those of you that read my blog who are not familiar with polymer clay this posting will sound like the ramblings of a crazy woman who has been sniffing her clay. For everyone else I know you understand the paradox.

I hate sanding. It drives me crazy. It is SO time consuming. It turns my fingers into raisins. Sometimes it even makes my fingers bleed because I haven't noticed that in addition to sanding a bead I have been sanding my finger as well. All in all it is horrible! But...when I hold in my hands a perfectly sanded piece that has been buffed to perfection...ahhh sweet bliss. I LOVE IT! There is nothing better than touching the silky surface of a finely finished piece. (oooooo, alliteration, clay as poetry)
OK. so I know that I'm going a bit over the top but I just finished sanding and buffing a batch of brooches and I am enjoying the finished product.
Can I get an "AMEN!" from the clayers!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

moi aussi !je HAIS le ponçage!mais comment faire autrement??!